Disclaimer

Please note that the entries in this Blog are our opinions and experiences. They do not reflect the US Government or the Peace Corps. Thank you!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Success Story

So when we had IST training in August I was very surprised with my counterpart. I originally thought that we would develop a project about fruit drying. This project was what “I” wanted to do. But as we were walking into the workshop I mentioned, briefly, developing the computer lab.

Once we sat down she turned to me and said “[she] really [liked] the idea of the computer lab because so many of the school tutors [were] computer illiterate.” We began filling in the project handouts given to us in the workshop about a mission, vision, goals, timetable, etc for the project. Correction. I became the secretary as Jane was giving me all sorts of ideas. I knew right away that this project was Jane’s project and she was serious about it.

Since IST, Jane has been working with me to develop a computer curriculum for the college tutors and students. In her free time she is in the computer lab learning how to type! On several occasions she has even come to me saying “let’s go to the computer lab. I want to work on something.” It is great! She is so motivated and supportive of the project. And she is encouraging all the tutors at the college to learn computers and they are coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment