Disclaimer

Please note that the entries in this Blog are our opinions and experiences. They do not reflect the US Government or the Peace Corps. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Simple Life

So while I am uploading some pictures onto Facebook I thought I would do some writing. I have not written to you all in a long time. I guess writing for me is like a bad New Year’s resolution. I just can’t follow through.

As a simple post I would like to talk about books. Much to my dismay I never got off my butt to read for fun in the States. I could have. But I guess watching TV episodes took up most of my free time. That is something I do not want to continue after PC Service.

There are actually a number of things I do not want to do after PC Service.

One thing is eliminate “noise” every once and a while. You know last night Tony and I didn’t have power and for whatever reason I cooked dinner while Tony read by candlelight. Well actually, Firefly Solar Lamp Light but there was a candle there too. It sounds so corny but it was great. I cooked in complete silence. No music. No TV. Nothing. It was amazing. How often does that happen in the US?

Now I am not saying going without power isn’t annoying. Tony and I actually came to Mbale town today specifically to charge every electronic thing we have but I think you get what I am saying.

Reading for fun.

Cooking in peace.

How often does the chaos of life get in the way of relaxing? Really just enjoying an evening in a simple way? Is this too going to be a bad resolution for me? Or can I actually continue this when I get back to the states? I wonder but I know I will have to battle with myself too. I will have to tell myself “read damn you!” I know I will. In a way that is kind of sad.

Please Lord, let me win the battle against laziness.

But I guess you have to take the good with the bad, because I am never going to complain about washing clothes when I have a washing machine! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment