Disclaimer

Please note that the entries in this Blog are our opinions and experiences. They do not reflect the US Government or the Peace Corps. Thank you!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Amina eong enanasi

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone want to study Ateso language for me? I mean come on, learn a language in 10 weeks, that sounds reasonable right? =) haha

How are you all? I am very well! Right now Tony and I are on our technical immersion training. I am in Iganga, Uganda with Alyssa, Bernadette, and Siong. We are staying with Dylan and job shadowing him as he works at a college. It is great to get experience here and get away from the typical training days. Also Dylan has electricity, Internet, and a waffle iron! You can't complain about that.

Tony is off in Soroti for immersion training. Can you find that on a map? Cause the Soroti area is likely where we will be placed for two years after training. He has running water that lucky dog! Also he has tried the Ateso beer. I have forgotten the name of the beer right now but you drink with a group of people out (whoo power just went out at Dylan's...its a trend) of a clay pot and through long straws. Sounds fun doesn't it? =)

So what comes next for us? We have immersion training until March 27th (my b-day). Then we have 3 more weeks of training before we are sworn in as volunteers. It is crazy that time has gone by so quickly. I need to study for my language test and finish preparing my project. Ahh...so much to do so little time.

But since the power is out I don't know how much I'll be getting done tonight =)

All my best. Love and miss you family and friends!
Stacey

PS Call me +0785751348

No comments:

Post a Comment