Disclaimer

Please note that the entries in this Blog are our opinions and experiences. They do not reflect the US Government or the Peace Corps. Thank you!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Is there butter in Uganda?

Back in December, Tony and I were moving out of our apartment. As we were packing I looked through my recipe box for any recipes I wanted to take with us to Uganda.

While looking over the ingredients for Ham Pie I asked Tony if there was butter in Uganda. Now, I know this sounded naïve even when I was saying it. I am sure they have butter in Uganda.

A more appropriate question would have been how often is butter available? What about vegetable shortening to make the crust? How about shredded Swiss cheese for the filling? I have doubts that I will be able to find Swiss cheese. Oh well. We will learn new recipes in Uganda and that sounds pretty tasty too.

This experience has been one of many fun packing events. It’s like going on a vacation and not knowing what the weather will be like or what you will do; except quantified.

No comments:

Post a Comment